Planning for a baby can be really hard and with so many different products out there, it can become confusing fast trying to figure out what is necessary and what you can do without. When Wisdom was born nearly 9 years ago , we had everything "they said" to have but used about 10% of what we got. When we had Courage two years ago, we were able to reuse a lot of the same things we had for Wisdom, while updating the few things that were needed to support Courage.
With this third baby, it was really important to me to have as little as possible. I didn't want out house to fill up with more stuff JUST because we were having a new baby AND with kids who are all the same gender, our use for a lot of new stuff was little.
I am the kind of mom that wants to be as practical and possible, so we let go of the idea of a traditional shower and redirected our guest to donate money to a non-profit on behalf of New New instead of gifts, but even with that mindset there were still some things that I wanted to have for the new baby, that I knew would be the perfect kickstart to her time on earth and our parenting her.
So below, are my Top 20 Baby Essentials, for the mom who has everything, the family who planned (OR unplanned) their baby's back to back and just want to update a few things OR for the mama who doesn't even know where to begin. If I had to send you a list of all the items I HAD to have to prepare for this 3rd pregnancy, below is it AND I own every single item and 10 days into life with Glory, have used every single one.
1. Baby Jogger City Select Lux (double stroller) city select® stroller series transforms into a travel system, a double stroller, or even a triple with the glider board, its lightweight, easy to navigate and can be broken down with just one hand. For a single baby check out the City Mini GT 2 it is what I used prior to Glory being born with just Courage.
2. Charlie Crane Paris the KUMI combines tradition and modernity, helps babies fall asleep, is absolutely gorgeous and because of the way its made allows baby to see and explore their surroundings with their eyes.
3. Fawn Design Ultimate Motherhood Bundle The bundle includes the Fawn Design Original Bag, Changing Clutch, Stroller Hooks, Bottle Bag, and Paci Case. The Original is the perfect diaper bag, complete with detachable backpack straps, an interchangeable messenger strap, and 12 pockets to hold everything from diapers to toys to bottles.
4. Buddha Baby Portable Breast Pump Complete Kit The fully rechargeable pump is small enough to take anywhere with 14 different modes, and land on the perfect one with a simple swivel of the thumb. The unique suction pattern in stimulation mode mimics the suction pattern of a baby to increase milk production.
5. Rockabye Baby! makes rock, R&B, rap and Top 40 music baby-friendly and kids music adult-friendly and is the perfect music for baby soothing. I use the album every nap/sleep time.
6. Fawn Design Weekender Bag "The Weekender Bag doubles as the perfect travel bag for quick getaways and the perfect hospital bag for expecting mamas!" and it's true. I used it at the hospital for delivering Glory and it was all I needed for baby and I.
7. Comotomo Bottles "Comotomo bottles have two anti-colic vents that are smartly placed on the nipple to ensure that your baby's bottle is perfectly ventilated. This means that your little one drinks milk and not air. Good airflow helps to prevent unwanted colic, spit up, burping, and gas." In addition, the silicone bottles are shaped like a boob, so it feels familiar in babies hands.
8. Raised By Water luxurious, soft children's clothing made in Hawaii. I love their neutral onesies and the dainty cuts. They are gorgeous.
9. Pampers Pure Collection Diapers & Wipes I love Ptampers Pure because there are no harsh dyes, chemicals or bleaching happening and the diapers are incredibly absorbent. The designs are also really modern and cute, I have both of my girls wearing them and they can handle kids of all ages and activities. You can check out my very own diaper test here
10. Red Rover Kids sleep bags, swaddles, crib sheets, blankets and quilts - all the essential bed time items you need to make sure your baby is super comfy and the sweetest patterns and designs
11. Baby Jogger City GO Air Infant Car Seat of all the car seats I have ever have this is my favorite. It has modern design, is so incredibly lightweight, easy to install and works with all of my other Baby Jogger products. It is travel-friendly, base or no base and keeps baby safe and secure with adjustable inserts.
12. Lovevery Play Kits stage-based play designed by experts for every age group - and they are perfect from birth to kids ages. It can be hard to know what to do with your baby in every stage and where the focus should be - let Lovevery do that for you.
13. Silverette Silver Nursing Cups small cups crafted out of sterling silver that naturally heal the nipples and they work you guys. Just last week my nipples were cracked, peeling and bleeding from nursing a 4-day-old baby. I placed the nipple cups on at 10p at night and by 2a, my nipples were completely healed. Silver is a natural antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial metal that also contains anti-inflammatory agents. It heals and prevents cuts, wounds, cracks, soreness, and infections. These are my most necessary items and in one week they have turned my nursing journey around.
14. Dock-A-Tot docking station for babies, ages newborn to 8 months+ allows hands free movement for parents.
15. Baby Jogger City Sway 2-n-1 Rocker and Bouncer a 2-in-1 rocker and bouncer that folds flat for storage and features 2-speed vibration, a removable toy bar, adjustable calf support, and moisture-wicking fabrics.
16. Hope & Plum Ring Sling baby wearing ring sling in light and breathable fabrics and the most gorgeous designs - you can wear your baby from newborn phases to toddler.
17. Goumi Kids Mittens & Booties the cutest baby mitts and shoes. Those first months its hard to find baby shoes and these booties are perfect for that.
18. My Baby Soundspa Portable White Noise Machine Helps to soothe and comfort little ones with relaxing sound opes a peaceful sleep environment anywhere.
19. Copper Pearl baby bandana bibs, covers, blankets and burb clothes, apparel and accessories.
20. Boppy Nursing Pillow the perfect nursing pillow, hang out space for baby and amazing for travel around the house and around the world.
I hope you have found this list helpful to starting your own list for your little ones arrival. I could not do anything without these items and find them to be incredible support pieces as I step into the newborn phase once again.
Do you have any Top Essentials that you love? Brands that you're loyal to? Items that have your motherhood journey easier? Do share them in the comments and let's help make this journey easier for other mamas out there.
If you have any questions about my items, feel free to email me or tag me in the comments.
With wisdom and courage, for His glory,